Terms of Attendance
By purchasing a membership to the Starbase Indy (SBI) convention, attendee agrees to
comply with the following rules and regulations:
1. Each membership admits one person to the convention; no shapeshifting is allowed. NO autographs are included with membership.
2. Con badges must be worn on the outside of all clothing/costumes and presented when entering any part of the convention.
3. Your SBI badge is non-refundable, non-exchangeable and non-transferrable, no matter what the reason. SBI will not be responsible for lost or stolen ID badges. A badge can only be replaced by purchasing an additional admission.
4. All members hereby release SBI, its organizers and agents from any liability for loss or damage to persons or property, or infringement of any right, claim or course of action of any kind.
5. The organizers, staff and agents of SBI reserve the right to deny entry to, or remove from, the convention facilities any person behaving, or threatening to behave, in a manner reasonably considered to be disruptive.
6. Actors and guests are people too; please don’t harass them, and be respectful, especially when they are away from their autograph table. Everyone deserves some down time.
7. Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Any children found wandering unattended will be turned over to hotel staff.
8. By accepting the conditions of membership, you may be videotaped or photographed for future promotion of SBI.
Code of Conduct
Attendees must respect common sense rules for public behavior, personal interaction, common courtesy and respect for private property. Harassing or offensive behavior will not be tolerated. Starbase Indy reserves the right to revoke, without refund, the membership and badge of any attendee not in compliance with this policy. Persons finding themselves in a situation where they feel their safety is at risk or who become aware of an attendee not in compliance with this policy should immediately locate the nearest member of security, or staff member, so that the matter can be handled in an expeditious manner.
Keep it peaceful, folks. No functional weapons are allowed at Starbase Indy.
Simulated or costume weapons are allowed as a part of your costume, subject to prior approval by Masquerade officials and compliance with the following:
• All costume weapons are subject to inspection by members of Masquerade staff.
• All costume weapons must conform to state and federal law.
• Projectile costume weapons must be rendered inoperable.
• Functional (real) arrows must have their tips removed and be bundled and zip-tied to a quiver.
• Weapons must be sheathed and holstered or peace-bonded.
NO assassin or similar games will be allowed on hotel premises. Masquerade officials will be spot-checking costumes throughout the convention. Anyone not conforming to the rules will be required to leave.
Starbase Indy is committed to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone. We do not tolerate harassment of convention participants in any form. Convention participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled (without a refund) at the discretion of the convention organizers.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
• Verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion, etc.
• Sexual images in public spaces
• Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
• Harassing photography or recording
• Sustained disruption of talks or other events
• Inappropriate physical contact
• Unwelcome sexual attention
• Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior
Any animal must be attached to a fixed-length leash no more than five feet in length when not in cages or crates.